16.8.14

ICH BIN HUNGRIG








Today we ventured outside Herning to a small seaside town, Ringkobing. Heather and I travelled there by car with our new German pals; Carina, Reike and Ara Bella. It turns out Heather and I are the only two lucky enough to live beside a beach back home, so the sand dunes were hit. Since arriving in Denmark I've been going through a process of elimination to find the perfect Danish pastry. This is because whenever I ask the lady in the local shopping centre what kind of pastries there are she  describes them all as 'cake'. So far I've had ones with strange fruit, and the dreaded marzipan. We recognised the word cinnamon whilst in Ringkobing's little baker and decided to go for it, despite it being the biggest pastry in the whole shop, probably intended to feed a large family. It was DELICIOUS, worth every single calorie, and still didn't stop me demolishing a burger just a few hours later. The German girl's are keen to learn new English words, and I'm eager to learn some German! So we've agreed that every day we will learn a few new words or phrases/ Today's phrase sure was a useful one:

Hallo, mein Name ist Grace, und ich bin hungrig.

Hello, my name is Grace, and I am hungry.

Speak soooon,

Grace Arthur | gracearthurx

2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely!
    I am loving your blogs! I've nominated your for the Liebster Award! Find out more about it here http://howshannonstylesit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award_18.html x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) That pastry looks so good! Sounds like a useful phrase you learnt!

    ReplyDelete