30.9.14

I SURVIVED OKTOBERFEST

PROST!! - "Cheers!" This is shouted a lot as you clink glasses with each other. 
The glasses which by the way are ridiculously heavy! I kept posing with it in one hand for pictures to look like less of a weakling. Truth is I was holding them in both hands allll day. (Apart from when I was tucking into pretzels.)

EIN MAB BIER, BITTE - "A litre of beer please! A very simple but important phrase. If you learn any German while at Oktoberfest, it should be this. For not being much of a beer drinker I'd say I managed surprisingly well. I had NOTHING on the German girls though. They were up on the tables downing these beers faster than the men - champs.

If I have any advice for people thinking of going to Oktoberfest its be prepared to spend a lot on the outfits. They're not cheap but they add to the fun of the weekend, and nobody likes to be the odd one out in jeans and a boring top. Also, there is no need to pre-drink. Popping open a bottle of champagne for the train journey was not a good idea at 8am, nor was the wine. Stick to beer.











,
Grace Arthur | grace.arthur

2 comments:

  1. oh jeez, that pretzel looks amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // new blog sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen much about Oktoberfest until this year, but it looks so much fun! I love the outfits, and I bet the pretzels are incredible...

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog x

    ReplyDelete