31.10.14

CPH: THE BEST BITS



THE BEAUTIFUL NYHAVEN



Nyhaven and it's little chocolate box houses. For a split second I wished my house was yellow. I then realised being the only one on the street was not cute, my house is also granite... again not cute if yellow.


THE HOTDOGS



 Denmark don't seem to have a traditional food they are famous for. Instead they have somehow adopted the hot-dog. It is impossible to avoid these hot dog vans as they are on every street corner and that waffffting smell of crispy onions is enough to make you drool.



THE LITTLE MERMAID



Everyone is always so disappointed by what she lacks in size and beauty. This is the little mermaid, under da sea is one of my favourite Disney songs, and I refused to have my cup half empty. Don't set your expectations too high and you won't be let down.



THE SHOPPING STREET



The streets are filled with Scandinavian stores in all their glory. Even in the evening there is such a bustle about the main shopping street. In one window there was a man working on a body art piece. It was incredible to watch..



THE BOAT TRIPS
You can't not go for a tour along these waters. Despite the freezing wind I sat on the outer deck with no shelter and took in the beautiful views. There are plenty of cafĂ©'s along the water front to heat you up afterwards! 



THE TIVOLI GARDENS
I was lucky enough to go twice during my time there and it was something else. Every inch of the place was decorated with 20,000 pumpkins. If you are planning a trip to Copenhagen it is worthwhile making sure the gardens will be open. Over Christmas it is apparently stunning!



No comments:

Post a Comment